Vision Mission and Mandate10 April 2017
Komnas Perempuan is committed to achieving change for women, especially for women victims of violence. This commitment and hope is contained in a vision statement for the 2015-2019 period. Komnas Perempuan’s vision is:
‘The creation of a social order which is free from all forms of violence against women and upholds principles of justice and diversity to the highest extent.”
To achieve the vision stated above, Komnas Perempuan possesses a mission statement that refers to the principles of human rights, the Constitution, and the Paris Principles for National Human Rights Institutions:
- Build a condition which is conducive to the fulfilment of women’s human rights and the elimination of all forms of violence against women in Indonesia.
- Increase the efforts to prevent and tackle all forms of violence against women in Indonesia.
Komnas Perempuan has the specific mandate to create conditions which are conducive to the promotion of women’s human rights and the elimination of all forms of violence against women in Indonesia. It is also mandated to increase measures to prevent all forms of violence against women in Indonesia.
In carrying out its mandate Komnas Perempuan holds on to a set of principles that guide its work as a NHRI and are in accordance with the Paris Principles. Komnas Perempuan’s guiding principles and method of working are as follows:
- Ensure the confidentiality of witnesses and victims of violence and violations of women’s human rights.
- Provide a timely and strategic response to cases of violence against women and violations of women’s human rights
- Hear the stories and record complaints from women victims of violence and search for methods to resolve cases in accordance with the needs of the victim and human rights principles regarding the right to truth, justice, recovery and a guarantee of non-repetition
- Uphold the ideals of non-violence, independence, impartiality, non-partisanship,